About a thousand Winnipeggers rallied on the eve of the Paris Climate Summit (Nov. 29), to show their support for government action on climate change.
The rally began with speeches in front of the historic St. Boniface Cathedral.
Following that, people marched across the Red River to the Forks, to enjoy more speeches, songs and dances.
The event had broad community support, with sponsorship by:
- Development and Peace – Manitoba | Développement et Paix – Manitoba
- Manitoba Energy Justice Coalition
- Winnipeg Blue Dot Movement
- KAIROS Cambrian-Agassiz
- Canadian Federation of Students – Manitoba | Fédération Canadienne des Étudiantes et Étudiants Manitoba
- Council of Canadians Winnipeg Chapter
- Human Rights Hub Winnipeg
- Lead Now
- The Climate Reality Project
- Winnipeg 350.org
- Climate Change Connection
- Green Action Centre
- Manitoba Eco-Network
- Winnipeg Indigenous Peoples Solidarity Movement
- Boreal Action
Here is my video report.