I know shoes; any shoes really, cheap shoes, fun shoes, beautiful shoes, expensive shoes, the list goes on. Since I like to pride myself on beautiful foot clothing, and I’m a generous person, I will share with you the top five best shoe stores here at home, and hope you’ll hit them up and find the next piece of artwork that will compliment your collection. Enjoy!
1. European Shoe Shop This store, in its quaint shop on Academy Road, has by far the best selection of shoes for any taste. From Birkenstock to Geox, right back to Mephisto, Ecco, Stuart Weitzman and beyond, it’s easy to find something you’ll enjoy. The shoes are gorgeous although some of their beauties run for a decent amount of money (think $200 and up), but sales are great and there’s always a fabulous find.
This store tops my list not just for the selection, but for the warm customer service, originality in designs and of course, because the prime location offers the closest feeling of popping into shops in Europe…in Winnipeg. With delicious cafes just around the corner, this shoe store sets the mood for a day out with the ladies, shopping and lunching.
2. My Beautiful Shoes This store was a close second to European Shoe Shop, but the first won the battle because of the quantity of selection (and never failing originals). This doesn’t mean that because My Beautiful Shoes has limited shoe odysseys to discover, that this store doesn’t have a lot to offer. From the black glass paneling on the walls, the crystal sparkling lights and immaculate interior, My Beautiful Shoes offers the design-work that one would associate with the Tuxedo area. Money and elegance.
The shoes, a piece of artwork themselves, are accompanied by gorgeous bags, and are every bit as beautiful as the name suggests. Calvin Klein, Lacroix and Donna Karan are just some of the beauties that reside here. The service is friendly and personable, with coffee offered to enjoy as you browse, making you feel right at home. Keep your wallet and credit cards tucked away if your budget is small, these lovelies can range from $200 to above $500.
3. Rooster Shoes Located in the heart of Osborne Village, this little gem is tucked away on the east side of River Avenue. Shoes found here are a little more contemporary than My Beautiful Shoes and is a prime location to get your Toms fix. This store has a splendid variety for work, casual, or party attire. There’s something fun in every corner of the store.
4. Browns Fantastic displays, bright interior, gorgeous shoes, need I say more? You can find designers such as Michael Kors, Keds, Steve Madden, Lacoste and many more. Browns has a great selection of top quality designers and styles to choose from. Whether cute boat shoes are your pick of the week, sky high stilettos, or kick-ass thigh-high boots are your thing, you’ll find it here.
5. Geox This Italian beauty boasts that their shoes have something unique that others don’t. Holes. Yes, the bottom of all Geox shoes are perforated with tiny holes to help your feet feel less sweaty. Don’t worry; no water will be coming up as there is a protective membrane in the sole that keeps all of the yuckiness of the outside world where it belongs. The look found here is contemporary and elegant.